Weekly E-News: Tuesday, January 4, 2022
I hope you and your family are ringing in the new year with good health. Please find current updates regarding new COVID-19 testing, booster shots, and vaccination information below.
Additionally, please take 3–5 minutes and complete my new 2022 Constituent Survey, which can be found below.
GOVERNOR HOCHUL ANNOUNCES NEW MASS TESTING SITES AT UALBANY AND CROSSGATES MALL, FDA APPROVES BOOSTER FOR THOSE AGED 12 YEARS AND OLDER
- New Capital Region COVID-19 Testing Sites. ⬇ To address the increased demand for COVID-19 testing seen across the country and here in New York State, two new mass testing sites will open at Crossgates Mall (former Ruby Tuesday location) on Tuesday and at UAlbany’s uptown campus sometime later this week. Click here to make an appointment at the new Crossgates Mall location.
- FDA Authorizes Booster Shots for 12- to 15-Year Olds. The FDA announced today that those aged 12–15 years old are eligible to receive their booster shots, with immunocompromised children eligible for those aged 5-years or older (see FDA guidance here).
- Maria College to Host Walk-In Booster Clinic This Friday, January 7th. Maria College will host a no appointment-necessary COVID-19 booster shot clinic this Friday, January 7th, from 9am — 1pm in Marian Hall.
- Contact Your Albany County Legislator for K-95 Masks. Local governments, including Albany County, have received a limited supply of K-95 masks for public use and are distributing them through local giveaways and drops offs.
- Most Americans Able to Receive Reimbursement for At Home COVID-19 Tests Soon. Most Americans will soon be able to receive reimbursement through their private health insurer, as the Biden Administration prepares rules to allow the filing of claims, to address the nationwide shortages of at home COVID-19 tests as a result of the Omicron surge. If you don’t have access to health insurance, learn more about COVID-19 coverage free of cost from the HRSA here.
- Get Your Booster Shot. Make an appointment to receive your booster shot today and protect yourself from the ongoing Omicron winter surge. Getting vaccinated and boosted is still the best form of protection against the COVID-19 virus.
- Get boosted: http://ny.gov/booster
- Get tested: http://on.ny.gov/3HxN1yC
- Get vaxxed: http://ny.gov/vaccine
2022 CONSTITUENT SURVEY
- Complete My 2022 Constituent Survey. As we approach the 2022 legislative session, it is important to hear from you on policies and issues affecting you and the communities of the 109th Assembly District. Your perspective on the complex issues facing our state and nation helps inform my work and helps prioritize what matters most to my constituency. Please take the brief 3 to 5 minute survey to provide your feedback. Your information will be confidential and not shared.
NEW YORK STATE HOMEOWNERS ASSISTANCE FUND (HAF) OPENS FOR APPLICATIONS
- New York State Homeowners’ Assistance Fund Launches. 🏠 Homeowners who are behind on their mortgage and may be facing foreclosure due to COVID impacts are now able to access the NYS Homeowners Assistance Fund (HAF) to get help staying in their homes! Visit www.nyhomeownerfund.org or call 1–844–776–9423 to apply today.
For more on my work in the state legislature, please visit my official Assembly website, Facebook page, Twitter, Instagram, or Medium to stay updated in 2021 and beyond! As always, please don’t hesitate to reach out to my office with any questions or concerns during this time at email@example.com or (518) 455–4178.